Acapulco Margarita Grouper
* 4 (6 ounce) grouper fillets
* 1/3 cup tequila
* 1/2 cup orange liqueur
* 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 medium tomatoes, diced
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
* 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 pinch white sugar
* salt to taste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* ground black pepper to taste
1. Place fish in a shallow baking dish. In a bowl, stir together the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and olive oil. Pour mixture over fillets, and rub into fish. Cover, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour, turning the fillets once.
2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and sugar. Season to taste with salt. Set salsa aside.
4. Remove fillets from marinade, and pat dry. Brush the fillets with oil, and sprinkle with ground black pepper. In a small saucepan, boil remaining marinade for several minutes. Remove from heat, and strain out garlic cloves. Set aside to cool.
5. Grill fish for 4 minutes per side, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Transfer fillets to a serving dish. Transfer the fish to a serving plate. Spoon salsa over the fish, and drizzle with the cooked marinade to serve.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.