* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
* 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
* 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the asparagus, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
2. Spread one side of each tortilla with 1/2 the goat cheese. Place 1/2 the asparagus and 1/2 the cilantro on each tortilla, and fold tortillas in half over contents to form quesadillas. Brush the outsides of the quesadillas with remaining oil.
3. Place the quesadillas in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Cut in half and garnish with cilantro to serve