* 4 (8 ounce) yams
* 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 2 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 green onions, sliced
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 3 tablespoons lime juice
* salt and ground black pepper to taste
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place yams on a baking sheet.
2. Bake yams for 40 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the red pepper, avocado, cilantro, olive oil, green onions, cumin and lime juice.
4. Cut yams in half lengthwise, and fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.