Balti Roast Chicken
- 2 small ready-roasted chickens, meat removed from the bone and cut into chunks or any pre-cooked chicken/turkey
- 3 tb vegetable oil or ghee
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tb Balti masala paste
- 1 tb coriander leaves (cilantro), finely chopped
- Skin and bone the chicken, cutting the meat into chunks
- Add the oil or ghee to your karahi, heat, and quickly stirfry the garlic. Before it browns, add the chopped onions and fry until translucent.
- Add the chicken, then the masala paste.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes or so. Add the chicken stock, stir, and cook until reduced (usually 10 minutes or thereabouts).
- Add coriander leaves and serve in Balti bowls.