| 750 g
| Boneless loin of pork
Finely grated fresh ginger
Chinese wine or dry sherry
Five spice powder
Black beans, chopped
Dark soy sauce
| Method :
- Ask the butcher to remove rind from the pork.
- Cut pork into strips 5 cm (2 inches) long and 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide.
- Crush garlic with salt and combine with all the other ingredients except oil.
- Rub over the pork and leave for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat wok, add oil and swirl to coat wok.
- Add the pork pieces, reserving marinade.
- Stir fry the pork until browned, then add reserved marinade, washing out the bowl with half cup hot water and adding that too.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until pork is tender.
- Stir occasionally and add more hot water if liquid looks like drying up.
- Be careful that the sweet marinade does not burn.
- The heat should be very low throughout the cooking.
- When pork is tender, remove from heat and if not serving straight away it may be reheated at serving time.
- Serve with plain white rice.