- Mash the bean curd and drain off any excess water. Place in a bowl with 1 egg, 2 1/2 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the MSG. Mix well. Set aside.
- Shell the shrimps and mince them into a pulp. Mix with the sesame oil, the other egg, the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of the MSG and the ginger.
- Spread bean curd on a clear surface. Mold it into small round pieces. To make the cocoons, take shrimp, and encase it in enough of the bean-curd mixture to make a cylinder about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick (4 cm by 7 mm). Continue until all the shrimp and bean curd are used.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 420oF(220oC), or until a piece of scallion green browns quickly when tossed into the oil and a haze rises vigorously above the surface. Add the bean curd cocoons a few at a time and deep-fry until brown. Remove and drain well.
- Pour the clear stock in a saucepan with the rice wine and the remaining salt and 1/4 tsp MSG. Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Add the bean curd cocoons and stir gently to blend before serving.