Bhindi Masala (Okra)
|2||2 sliced onions|
|1 tsp||Amchoor Powder|
|1 tbsp||Garam Masala|
|2 tbsp||Coriander Leaves|
|1 1/2 tsp||Salt|
- Wash okra under running water and slice off the ends. Cut each in half and set aside. Prepare onions and tomatoes and et aside.
- In a wok or heavy skillet heat the oil and sautÃ© onions until translucent.
- Add all spices except the garam masala and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook the mixtuer over medium-high heat with constant stirring until all liquids are reduced and the mix looks like a paste. This should take 1 minute.
- Add the okra and stir-fry 2 minutes. Cover and steam over medium heat until tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Spoon the okra onto a warm serving plate and sprinkle with the garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves.