Black ‘N’ White Bean Salad
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
* 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
* 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* Lettuce Leaves
1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, onion and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce if desired.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 187 calories, 219 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 9 gm protein, 5 gm fat.