1 cup besan
1 pinch saffron
1 pinch cardamom powder
1 tbsp rice flour
1 pinch baking powder
1 tbsp broken cashew nut
2 cups sugar
1 cup of oil
1 cup water
- Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder.
- Make a smooth thick batter. Heat the oil. Take the batter and pour it over a sieve with round holes.
- Tap it gently with a spoon so that small balls of dough fall into the oil. Make the balls and keep aside. Heat the sugar and water till reaches 1/2 thread consistency.
- Mix in the saffron and cardamom powder and fried boondies. When the mixture is still warm make into balls. Boondi Ladoo are ready to be served
- If the mixture cools balls cannot be made as the sugar crystallizes.
- Decorate with silver foil, cut into small pieces and serve