Broccoli and almond soup
* 30g butter
* 2 clove garlic, crushed
* 1 onions, diced
* 225g potatoes, diced
* 75ml white wine
* 700ml vegetable stock
* 2 heads broccoli
* 1 pinch black pepper
* 150ml double cream
* 75 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
* 1 handful parsley, finely chopped
* 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
* 50ml double cream
1. Heat up a large saucepan on the stove and add the butter, once foaming add the chopped garlic and onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not browned.
2. Then add the potatoes, white wine and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Chop the broccoli up into small pieces and add to the pan. Continue to cook for a further 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the cream and half of the almonds, together with the parsley.