Burgers with summer salsa
For the salsa
* olive oil, for frying
* 3 spring spring onions, roughly chopped
* handful of vine cherry tomatoes
* bunch basil
* 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the burgers
* 1 large fillet steak, minced
* 1 red onion, finely chopped
* 2 red chillies, finely chopped
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 4 sour dough rolls
* sourdough rolls
1. For the salsa: heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add the spring onions and the cherry tomatoes. Tear the basil roughly, sprinkle over the spring onions and tomatoes along with the balsamic vinegar. Cook over on a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. For the burgers: pre-heat a griddle pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine the mince, red onion and chillies together. Break it into 4 even balls and flatten into burger shapes.
4. Rub each one with a small amount of olive oil on both sides. Put the burgers on the griddle and leave for 6-8 minutes, turning once.