* 4 baby gem lettuce
* 8 tbsp salad dressing, Caesar
* 100g finely grated parmesan
* 75g croutons, very small
1. Remove and reserve the outer leaves from the little gem lettuces, stopping when they become more yellow in colour. Take the remaining gem lettuce hearts, shred them finely, then place in a large bowl.
2. Run a skewer lengthways through each leaf, ensuring that you stay along the stronger spine part. The leaf should rest just below the top of the skewer with the pointed end furthest away. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
3. Place a piece of oasis, soaked in water, in a small vase, just large enough to take the oasis. Cover the top of the oasis with the banana leaf or foil.
4. Add the Caesar dressing, Parmesan and croutons to the shredded lettuce heart and mix thoroughly.