Calabacitas con Elote (Zucchini with Corn)
* 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 pound zucchini, sliced
* 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1 fresh poblano chile pepper – seeded, deveined, and chopped
* salt and black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
1. Place the corn in a saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Place a cover on the saucepan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Mix the zucchini and tomato into the onion and garlic; cook together 5 minutes. Stir the corn kernels into the mixture; add the poblano pepper. Season with salt and pepper; stir. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cotija cheese to serve.