Californian prawn wrap with tomato salsa
For the tortillas
* 450g plain flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 0.5 tsp salt
* 75g vegetable shortening
* 250 ml hot water
For the filling
* 24 tiger prawns, raw and de-veined
* 2 limes, juices and grated zest
* 1 red onions, finely chopped
* 1 chillies, mild and finely chopped
* 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
* 0.5 tbsp olive oil
* 225g crÃ¨me fraÃ®che, half fat
* 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
* 0.5 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
* 1 large ripe mango, thinly sliced
* 1 large ripe medium avocado, thinly sliced and rubbed in 2 tbsp lime juice
For the tomato salsa
* 6 tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
* 1 small red onion, finely chopped
* 1 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
* 1 limes, juice and grated zest
* 1 handful coriander, finely chopped
* 4 handfuls tortilla chips, to serve
1. To make the tortillas, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Rub in the vegetable shortening until the mixture resembles small peas. Add the water slowly and knead until smooth. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 4 equal- sized balls. Flatten and roll each ball into a flat round. Preheat a cast iron skillet or heavy based frying pan. Cook a tortilla until golden on one side. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Leave to cool.
3. Season the prawns and marinade them for 15 minutes in the lime juice and zest, red onion, chilli and parsley.
4. Preheat the oven to 150?C/gas 2. Heat a large griddle pan and add the olive oil. Griddle the prawns on a high heat until cooked. Warm the tortillas in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Mix together the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che, coriander and cumin seeds. Season.
6. Spoon a good dollop of the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che mixture in the middle of each tortilla. Lay 6 prawns on top, a few slices of mango and avocado and wrap up tightly.
7. To make the salsa, mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.