Cannoli with chocolate vin santo sauce
For the cannoli
* 25 g almonds
* 25 g plain flour
* 50 g icing sugar
* 30 g buttermelted
* 40 g egg whitesapproximately 2 small egg whites
* 1 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
For the filling
* 20 g mascarpone
* 400 g ricotta cheese
* 1 tbsp orange zest
* 155 g icing sugar
For the sauce
* 100 g chocolatebroken into pieces
* 40 g vin santo
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* orange zest
* icing sugar
1. For the cannoli: preheat the oven to 150-160C/130-150C fan/gas 2-3 and cover a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
2. Put the almonds, flour, icing sugar and melted butter in a food processor. Add the egg whites and amaretto and blend until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour the mixture in very thin disc shapes onto the silicone mat and bake for 4 minutes.
4. Remove the discs from the oven and roll into tubes while still warm. Set them aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
5. For the filling: mix together the mascarpone, ricotta, orange zest and icing sugar.
6. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a serrated nozzle and fill the cooled cannoli tubes.
7. For the sauce: melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, then stir in the wine and vanilla.