1 1/2 teaspoon
| Roasting chicken
Medium onions, roughly chopped
Chopped fresh ginger
Fresh lemon grass, sliced or
Ground black pepper
| Method :
- Joint chicken and cut any large pieces, such as thighs and breasts, into halves.
- Put into container of electric blender the onions, garlic, ginger, sliced lemon grass and chilies.
- Add about half cup of the coconut milk and blend to a smooth puree. Put into the saucepan.
- Wash out the blender container with the rest of the milk, add to the pan.
- Add the laos, coriander, turmeric, curry leaves, pepper and salt. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally. Do not cover pan, or coconut milk will curdle.
- Add chicken, return to the boil and simmer gently, uncovered, until chicken is tender.
- Serve with white rice.