Chinese Broccoli Slaw
“This recipe was passed around for years in my Grandmother’s beauty salon. She took it to every church supper. It was on the table every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup, seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Crush the ramen noodles into small pieces; stir the crushed noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds into the butter. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crunchy, 8 to 10 minutes; allow to cool completely.
- Toss together the coleslaw mix and the green onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and reserved seasoning packets in a separate bowl; stir the noodle mixture into the dressing. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.