Chinese Broccoli Slaw
May 14th, 2010 | | 0 Comments »
“This recipe was passed around for years in my Grandmother’s beauty salon. She took it to every church supper. It was on the table every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup, seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave. Crush the ramen noodles into small pieces; stir the crushed noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds into the butter. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and crunchy, 8 to 10 minutes; allow to cool completely.
- Toss together the coleslaw mix and the green onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and reserved seasoning packets in a separate bowl; stir the noodle mixture into the dressing. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.