May 14th, 2010 | | 0 Comments »
“This is my favorite creation that combines Asian flavors with this wonderful veggie.”
- 1 bunch Gai Lan (Chinese broccoli), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the Chinese broccoli and cook uncovered until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, ginger, and garlic together in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened and no longer cloudy, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss the broccoli in the sauce and serve.