“No tricks to this Chinese lemon chicken dish! Simply add lots of sesame seeds just before serving!”
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- water as needed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. In a small bowl mix together oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, egg, salt and pepper; pour mixture over chicken, cover dish and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Dip marinated chicken in cornflour and sautee in a large skillet until cooked through (juices run clear) and color is a nice, golden brown.
- To Make Sauce: Bring 1/2 cup water to boil in a small saucepan; dissolve sugar in boiling water, then add lemon juice and thicken liquid with pudding mix.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sauce over all; sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.