Chocolate and blackcurrant brownies with raspberry fool
For the brownies
* 275g dark chocolate
* 225g unsalted butter
* 400g caster sugar
* 5 eggs
* 200g plain flour
* 100g blackcurrants
For the raspberry fool
* 200g raspberries
* 200ml double cream
* 50g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
2. Melt together the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water. Once melted, add the sugar and gently cook until smooth.
3. Add the eggs to the mixture, stirring well, then pour in the flour bit by bit to make a thick gooey mixture, before stirring in the blackcurrants.
4. The best way to cook these is in metal food rings to give individual brownies. Butter the rings and place them on a non-stick tray. Place 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture in each ring, then bake in the oven for 8 minutes. When cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
5. To make the fool, blend the raspberries in a food processor and pass them through a sieve to extract the juice. Whip the cream to soft peaks, beat in the sugar and stir in the raspberry sauce.