Chocolate chilli pork ribs with corn on the cob
* 2 racks pork ribs
* 1 tbsp dark miso paste
* 1 tsp ground ground allspice
* 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
* 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
* 2-cm piece ginger, finely grated
* 70g dark chocolate
* vegetable oil, for mixing
* 2 corn on the cobs, husks removed
1. Separate the racks into individual ribs, making sure that there is a decent portion of meat on each one, and put them into a non-reactive bowl.
2. Mix the miso paste, ground allspice, chilli flakes, ketchup and ginger together and rub into the ribs. Grate the chocolate over and mix in well, adding a dash of oil just to lubricate the marinade so that it is spread all over the ribs. Marinade the ribs for as long as you can â€“ overnight in the fridge if possible, although this is not strictly necessary.
3. Heat a griddle pan to medium-hot and add the ribs. Donâ€™t cook them too quickly or theyâ€™ll burn on the outside. After about 3-4 minutes, or once theyâ€™re coloured on one side, turn the ribs and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
4. Chop each corn cob into three and put into a pan of salted boiling water for 6-8 minutes. Drain, put onto serving plates and top with a knob of butter and salt to taste.