Chocolate knickerbocker glory
* 200 g cakes, chopped into chunks
* a good glug of your favourite liqueur such as tia maria, or Baileys
* 75 g almonds, toasted
* 200 g chocolate ice cream,
* 200 ml double cream, whipped
* 0 shortbread, for sprinkling
* 0 chocolate shavings, to garnish
For the chocolate sauce:
* 225 g dark chocolate, roken into squares
* 150 ml milk,
* 75 ml double cream,
* 40 g sugar,
1. First make the chocolate sauce. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
2. Meanwhile gently bring the milk, cream and sugar to the boil in a small saucepan. Stir the hot milk mixture into the melted chocolate and set aside to cool.
3. Place a few bits of ginger cake in the bottom of 4 sundae glasses.
4. Add a dash of liqueur to the cake, then top with a little chocolate sauce, followed by ice-cream, more chocolate sauce and toasted almonds.