Christmas pudding trifle
* 200 ml milk,
* 300 ml double cream,
* 6 egg yolks,
* 70 g caster sugar,
* 120 g christmas pudding,
* 250 ml double cream,
* 1 tbsp brandy,
* amaretti biscuits,
* 1 tbsp almonds,
1. Preheat the oven to 110C/gas Â¼. Bring the milk and double cream to a boil in a pan with a little freshly grated nutmeg.
2. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light.
3. Break up the Christmas pudding and divide it among 4 x 250ml jam jars. Place the jam jars on a baking tray.
4. Once the milk and cream have boiled, pour the mixture over the egg yolks and sugar, whisking all the time.
5. Pour the egg mixture through a sieve into the jam jars. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
7. To serve, whisk the double cream in a bowl until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Pour in the brandy and stir it through.