Classic chocolate chip cookies
* 225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 170g caster sugar
* 170g demerara sugar
* 2 eggs
* 250g self-raising flour
* 225g roasted salted peanuts, chopped
* 340g dark chocolate chips
1. Cream together the butter and two sugars in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time, sprinkling in a little flour if the mixture starts to split.
2. Stir in the sifted flour, then fold in the nuts and chocolate. Mix until just combined.
3. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill for 30 minutes, or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.