Coconut Milk CrÃ¨me BrÃ»lÃ©e
We’ve given this French classic a Thai tweak.
1-13.5 oz can Coconut Milk 1 cup heavy cream 1/2 cup sugar 6 large egg yolks 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract 1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325Â°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, egg yolks and coconut extract together very well.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring the Coconut Milk and heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat when mixture can no longer be stirred down.
4. Slowly pour hot liquid in a thin stream into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
5. Pour the custard into six 6 or 8 ounce oven proof custard cups. Place in a water bath (make a water bath by pouring hot water into the pan that holds the custard cups until it is 1/2 way up the sides of the cups) in an appropriate size pan.
6. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until the custard is just set or firm. Remove custard cups to a wire rack. Allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
7. Prior to serving, sprinkle each custard cup evenly with 1 – 2 teaspoons of sugar. Place on baking sheet and broil, rotating pan until the sugar lightly browns. Be careful not to allow the sugar to burn.