April 22nd, 2010 | | 0 Comments »
- 4 lb Sole, flounder, rock cod, or other white fish
- 8 Cloves garlic
- 3 green chillies
- 1 Inch cube fresh ginger
- 1 medium bunch of fresh coriander(cilantro)
- 1 tb Coriander seeds
- 1 ts Brown sugar
- 1 ts Turmeric
- 1/2 ts Black mustard
- 1/2 ts fenugreek seeds
- 1 tb Salt
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 tin tomato, chopped
- 1/2 ts Garam Masala
- Wash and pat dry fish. Sprinkle 1t salt inside and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 F
- Blend garlic, chili, ginger, 1/2 the coriander, coriander seeds, brown sugar, turmeric, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, salt and lemon juice till it all becomes a smooth paste (add some water if needed.)
- Fry onions till they are soft and golden brown.
- Add the blended masala and cook till most of the liquid is gone and it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and Garam Masala. Fry for 2 minutes more and remove.
- Coat one side of fish, stuff 1 1/2 cups inside. Close opening, spread the rest of the masala over it. Cover tightly and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Grill for 1 or 2 minutes in broiler and sprinkle the remaining coriander over as garnish.