Crispy pear and toffee fritters
* 1 small condensed milk,
* 2 pears, diced
* 3 tbsp almonds,
* spring roll wrappers,
* 1 egg, beaten
* vegetable oil, for deep frying
1. Simmer the can of condensed milk in a pan covered with water for 2Â½ hours. Leave to cool.
2. Open the can and mix the contents with the diced pears and ground almonds.
3. Cut the pastry into strips, place a spoonful of the mix at the base of each piece and fold to form a triangle. Seal the pastry using a little beaten egg.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan. Deep fry the fritters until crispy.