1 cup black Urad dal (split black lentil
1 cup red kidney beans
Â¼ cup Chana dal
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
3 green chilies
salt to taste
Â½ cup butter
4 tbsp cream
fresh coriander to garnish
- Wash and soak black dal and red beans over night.
- Boil the dal and red beans in 6 cups of water with salt, turmeric, until the dal is soft.
- Chop the onions, ginger, garlic cloves, green chilies and tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add mentioned above chopped ingredients. Add chili powder, coriander powder.
- Then add the boiled dal and red beans and allow simmering for 5-7 minutes.
- Finally add cream and butter slowly and mix well.
- Adjust salt and add water if consistency is too thick.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot naan or paratha.