* 300g sweet shortcrust pastry
* 1 egg whites
* 250g blueberry jam
* 450g butternut squash, cooked and mashed
* 175g caster sugar
* 5 large eggs
* 175ml double cream or whipping cream
* 1 vanilla pods, seeds scraped or a tsp of vanilla flavouring
* 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
* 1 tsp cinnamon, freshly grated
* 1 tbsp icing sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 200ÂºC/gas 6. Roll out the pastry and line a 23cm flan tin (preferably not fluted), with the pastry overlapping the edge. Brush the pastry with the egg white, then line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans.
2. Blind bake the flan crust for 15 minutes, then take out from the oven and remove the baking beans.
3. Spread the bottom of the piecrust with the blueberry jam. Mix together the squash, sugar, eggs, cream, vanilla pod, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl and pour into the flan case. Return to the oven and bake for 45 minutes.