| Method :
- Shell and de-vein the shrimps, rinse and dry well on paper towels.
- Slit the chilies and remove seeds, then chop them finely.
- Crush garlic with a little of the measured sugar and mix with the chilies and ginger.
- Heat about half cup oil in a wok until very hot and deep fry the shrimps a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes or just until the color changes.
- Do not fry too long.
- Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- Pour off most of the oil from the pan, leaving only about a tablespoon.
- Add the chilies, garlic and ginger and fry on low heat, stirring.
- Add the remaining sugar, soy sauce and wine, then add shrimps and stir only until reheated.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.