* 3 bananas,
* 3 mango, peeled and sliced
* 1 pineapple, peeled, chunked
* 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
* 5 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
* 1 lemon, juice only
* 3 amaretto (almond liqueur), such as Amaretto
For the mousse mixture
* 2 eggs, separated
* 3 caster sugar,
* 250 mascarpone,
* 250 cream,
* 3 amaretto (almond liqueur),
* 3 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur),
* 400 ml pineapple juice,
* 12 sponge fingers, such as Savoiardi
* 6 chocolate,
1. Combine all the fruit with the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of the amaretto liqueur. Leave to steep for about 20 minutes.
2. With an electric whisk, whip the egg yolks and sugar for about 3-5 minutes, until thick and pale.
3. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth.
4. Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the whipped cream.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until at soft peak stage.
6. Fold in the egg whites into the cream mixture and add 3 tbsp of the almond liqueur, taking care not to loose the volume.
7. Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons of almond liqueur with the pineapple juice. Dip each biscuit into this liquid for about 2 seconds on each side, and place a layer of soaked biscuits on the bottom of a deep serving bowl.
8. Place a layer of the marinated fruit on top and then spread over half of the cream mixture.
9. Add another layer of biscuits and repeat the process again. Refrigerate for about 2 hours until firm – the longer it’s left, the more the flavours will develop. Just before serving, scatter the surface with crushed chocolate flakes.