Honey Garlic Barbecue Spareribs
- 3 1/2 pounds Boston pork butt and/or spareribs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup liquid honey, or 2 tablespoons honey dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
Place the pork butt or spareribs in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Add the mixture to the meat and marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours. Turn occasionally to make sure the meat is completely coated.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 1 or 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil. Place a rack on the cookie sheet and place the pork on the rack. Roast the pork for 30 minutes.
Brush with the honey and water mixture, turn over and brush the other side, and then roast for another 25 – 30 minutes, or until the ribs just begin shrinking and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove and cool briefly before serving.
*If the pork isn’t cooking quickly enough, you can broil the meat for about 5 minutes before turning them over.
For a more garlicky flavor, add extra garlic when brushing the pork with honey. If you need a substitute for honey, try using brown sugar.