This authentic rice, grown only in Thailand, is the start for most Thai meals. The delicate flavor and aroma of jasmine makes it perfect for salads, side dishes, curries and stir-frys.
1 3/4 cups water 1 cup Jasmine Rice, rinsed
Optional: 1 tablespoon oil or butter1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Bring water* to a boil in a covered pot. Add oil, butter or salt if desired.
2. Add Jasmine Rice. Bring back to a boil. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. Remove from heat. Stir and re-cover. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
1. Stir together Jasmine Rice and water* in a microwave-safe dish. Add butter or oil, and salt if desired.
2. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir.
3. Re-cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Let stand covered for 2 minutes. Enjoy!
*For creamier rice, replace half the water with Coconut Milk.