1 kg fish (ikan parang or ikan kembong)
500g sago flour
Salt to taste
1 or 2 pandan leaves
How to cook:
- Clean the fish thoroughly, remove its intestines and chop off its head and tail, leaving the body intact.
- Make slits along both sides of the fish, then scrape off the meat; discard the bones.
- Pound, chop or mince the meat finely, adding salt to taste.
- Add some ice cubes and continue mincing the fish meat.
- Add sago flour and water.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes a soft dough.
- Dip your hand in the sago flour and roll the dough into a cylindrical shape.
- Boil a potful of water.
- Add in one or two knotted pandan leaves.
- Drop the keropok lekor into the boiling water.Wait for it to float and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Set aside to cool.
- Cut the pieces diagonally into thin slices.
- Dry in the sun thoroughly, then deep-fry in hot oil.
Serve with chilly source (normally serve)