Lavender and almond panna cotta with berry sauce
* 2 sheets gelatine,
* 300 ml double cream,
* 100 g almonds,
* 50 g caster sugar,
* 2 tbsp lavender, leaves and flowers
For the berry sauce
* 100 g berries,
* 2 tbsp caster sugar,
1. Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water to soften.
2. Combine the cream, almonds and sugar in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lavender, and leave to infuse for an hour.
3. Reheat the cream gently. Drain the softened gelatine, add to the cream and stir until dissolved. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve, discarding the almonds and lavender.
4. Pour evenly into four ramekins or dariole moulds. Chill for at least 5 hours, or preferably overnight.
5. For the berry sauce: put the fruit in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5-7 minutes, then add the sugar and leave to cool. When ready to use, pass the sauce through a fine sieve.