Leftovers fishcakes with pesto
* 1 handfuls watercress, spinach or rocket
* 1 handfuls peanuts, or blanched almonds
* 50 g cheese, such as cheddar, parmesan, gruyere, chopped
* 1 cloves garlic,
* 2-3 tbsp olive oil,
For the fishcakes
* 100 g potatoes,
* 1 handfuls broccoli, roughly chopped
* 2 tbsp mayonnaise, (or 1 tbsp tuna mixed with 1 tbsp mayonnaise)
* 100 g salmon,
* 2 spring onions, chopped
* 1 tsp capers,
* 1 handfuls herbs, such as dill or chives, chopped
* lemon juice, to taste
* 1 tbsp tomato ketchup,
* 2 tbsp flour,
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1 handfuls breadcrumbs,
* oil, for frying
1. For the pesto: tip all of the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend to a rough paste. Set aside.
2. For the fishcakes: mix together all of the fishcake ingredients apart from the flour, egg, breadcrumbs and oil. Season with salt and black pepper then shape the mixture into 2 large or 4 smaller patties.
3. Roll the fishcakes in the flour, dusting off any excess, then dip in the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs, to coat completely.
4. Heat 1cm of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the fishcakes for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden and heated through.