For the crust
* 200 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
* 50 g almonds,
* 1/2 tsp salt,
* 2 tbsp icing sugar,
* 125 g butter, diced
* 2 egg yolks,
* 2-3 tbsp water,
* 1 egg white, beaten
For the filling
* 200 g caster sugar,
* 4 eggs,
* 2 lemons, grated rind and juice
* 150 ml double cream,
* crÃ¨me fraÃ®che,
1. Put the flour, almonds, salt, icing sugar and butter in a food processor and whiz to make fine crumbs. Add the yolks and water and pulse until the mixture comes together to make a firm but moist dough.
2. Lightly shape the pastry into a ball, then roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm fluted flan tin. Chill for 30 minutes or so.
3. Preheat the oven to 190Â°C/gas 5. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Carefully lift out the paper and beans, return the tart case to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until the surface of the pastry is dry.
5. Brush the inside of the pastry case with the beaten egg white and return to the oven for 5 more minutes until the egg white has dried and the pastry is shiny – this will prevent the pastry going soggy once the filling is poured in. Remove from the oven and set aside.
6. To make the filling: Beat the sugar and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and pass the mixture through a sieve. Stir in the grated lemon zest and the cream. Skim off any froth from the top of the mixture.