Lemon yogurt cake
For the cake
* 250 g butter,
* 250 g caster sugar,
* 4 eggs,
* 200 g semolina,
* 125 g yogurt,
* 200 g almonds,
* 50 g plain flour,
* 2 tsp baking powder,
* 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
* 50 g pine kernels,
For the icing
* 250 g icing sugar, sieved
* 1 lemon, zest and juice
* 3-4 tbsp lemon curd,
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly butter a 23cm spring form cake tin. Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the mixture is smooth between each addition.
3. Stir in the semolina, beat in the yogurt, and add the ground almonds, flour and baking powder.
4. Beat in the lemon zest and juice.
5. Add the pine nuts and beat until the mixture is smooth.
6. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 minutes, until golden and firm to the touch.
7. Leave to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes, then remove, and transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
8. Mix the icing sugar, lemon zest and juice together, until thick, smooth and glossy. Carefully spread in an even layer across the cake.
9. Make a small cone from the greaseproof paper and fill with the lemon curd. Pipe straight lines of the curd at even intervals horizontally across the cake – about 1 centimetre apart. Drag a skewer or the point of a sharp knife at even intervals vertically through the lines of lemon curd, to make a feathered pattern. Serve in slices, with fresh summer berries.