Low fat, high fibre muffin
* oil, for greasing
* 50 g spelt flour,
* 1 1/2 tbsp sugar,
* 3/4 tsp mixed spice,
* 1 heaped tsp baking powder,
* 50 g bran, soaked in a little skimmed milk to moisten
* 40 g sultanas, plumped in a little brandy
* 80 ml milk,
* eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 tbsp oil,
* cream cheese, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and lightly grease a muffin pan with spray oil.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add the oatbran, sultanas, milk, egg and oil and mix gently until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Turn out and allow to cool until just warm.
5. Serve with cream cheese.