* 0.5 limes
* 6 mint leaves
* 3 tbsp crushed ice
* 25ml whiskey, such as Southern Comfort
* 1 shot white rum
* 1 dash of lime cordial
* 300ml ginger beer, or to taste
1. Rub half a cut lime around the rim of a tall glass.
2. Push the mint leaves into the bottom of the glass, and using a teaspoon, bruise them so that they release some of their flavour. Tip in most of the crushed ice.
3. Pour over a measure of Southern Comfort, followed by a shot of Bacardi.
4. Add lime cordial to taste, and more crushed ice, if liked.