* 500 g puff pastry,
* 60 ml sunflower oil,
* 675 g onions, chopped
* 4 garlic, crushed
* 450 g chestnut mushrooms, left whole
* 2 tbsp tarragon,
* 4 tbsp soy sauce,
* 0 black pepper,
* g cashew nuts, broken
* 175 g breadcrumbs, freshly made, white or wholemeal
* 320 g almonds,
* 1 egg, beaten
* 0 vegetables, to serve
* 0 sauce, to serve
1. Roll out the puff pastry into two rectangles, each 30 x 23 cm, and set aside in the fridge to rest.
2. Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Fry the onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring now and then. Set the fried onion mixture aside.
3. Add the chestnut mushrooms, remaining garlic and half the tarragon to the frying pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes of frying add in the soy sauce or tamari and Marsala or sherry is using. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Strain the mushrooms and set aside, reserving the mushroom juices.
5. In a food processor, blend the cashews and the reserved liquor to a smooth paste, adding a little water if necessary.
6. Add the fried onions and mushrooms into the food processor and blend until smooth.
7. In a large mixing bowl mix together the cashew paste, onion and mushroom mixture, breadcrumbs, ground almonds and remaining tarragon.
8. Preheat the oven to 220Â°C/ Gas 7 and remove the pastry from the fridge.
9. Place half the filling mixture onto the middle of one of the rectangles and shape into a sausage with your hands.
10. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry either side of the filling, into strips. Start in the left hand corner and work at a forty-five degree angle towards the filling. Then repeat on the right hand side.
11. Fold in the pastry ends first and then cross over the pastry strips from alternate sides.
12. When the mixture is well-wrapped within the pastry, glaze the pastry parcel with the beaten egg.
13. Repeat the process with the remaining pastry rectangle and filling.
14. Place the parcels on a floured baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.