Pad See Ew (Rice Noodles Stir-Fried with Black Soy Sauce)
* 14oz dried rice noodles, soaked in water for 40 minutes
* 1/2 lb (1 cup) pork, thinly sliced
* 6 tblsp cooking oil
* 6 cloves garlic, crushed
* 3 cups Chinese broccoli (or cauliflower, carrots or mushrooms)
* 4 eggs, beaten
* Sauce 3 tbsp oyster sauce
* 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
* 2 tbsp light soy sauce
* 2 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat 4 tblsp cooking oil in a wok over medium heat until hot. Add garlic, followed by pork, and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the noodles and stir fry another 2-3 minutes until brown and soft. Add the vegetables and stir fry to combine. Then add the sauce ingredients and stir fry to combine.
2. Move the stir-fry mixture to one side of the wok and add the remaining oil. Add the beaten egg and fry for one minute and then combine with the rest of the noodle mixture. Stir fry to combine and serve.
Note: This recipe is adapted from A Passion for Thai Cooking available in our Thai cookbook section.