Pea guacamole with tortilla chips
* 3 wheat flour tortillas, about 20cm in diameter
* vegetable oil, for deep frying, optional
* 1.5 tbsp olive oil
* pinch sea salt
* 450 g frozen peas
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
* 2 tbsp chopped coriander, leaves and stalks
* 1 chilli, seeds removed, chopped
* Â½ tsp ground cumin
* Â½ tsp ground coriander
* 75ml crÃ¨me fraiche or Greek yogurt, to serve
1. To make the base for the pea guacamole, cut the tortillas into squares or circles (with a cutter) about 2Â½cm in diameter. Either deep fry until golden, or bake in the oven. To bake – toss them with the olive oil and lay out flat on a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and roast for about 3 minutes in a hot oven, preheated to 220Â°C/gas 8. These can be made in advance and will crisp-up as they cool.
2. Bring a saucepan filed with a 4cm depth of salted water to the boil. Tip in the peas and cook for a minute or so, after the water comes back up to the boil.
3. Drain and refresh the peas under cold water for a few seconds and transfer to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until almost smooth. Taste for seasoning and transfer to a serving bowl. Chill until required.