Pecan and maple stuffed turkey escalopes
* 2 turkey breast escalopes, battened out until thin
* 50g pork sausage meat
* 2 tbsp soft breadcrumbs
* 1 handful pecans, chopped
* 0.5 tbsp chopped thyme
* 1 tbsp maple syrup
* 1 pinch black pepper
* 0.25 tsp orange rind
Parmentier Potatoes and Shallots
* 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
* 8 shallots, peeled
* 4 tbsp olive oil
* 2 sage leaves
* 2 large prosciutto ham, slices sliced thinly
* 30g butter
* 1 handful chopped parsley
* 1 tbsp maple syrup, warmed
1. Meanwhile set the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the stuffing and set aside.
3. Season the escalopes and lay them out flat.
4. Place the potatoes and shallots in a roasting tin. Add three tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Place a small tablespoonful of the stuffing onto the escalopes and top with a sage leaf. Fold the escalope in half and wrap with the prosciutto ham. Use a cocktail stick to secure.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry on all sides of both escalopes to seal. Transfer to the oven, cover with foil and cook for ten minutes or so, until the juices run clear, removing the foil halfway through cooking. Add the butter to the pan and glaze the escalopes before removing from the pan.
7. Remove the roast potatoes from the oven and stir in the parsley.