Fragrant prawn, crispy broccoli, and spicy pepper, the perfect combination can amaze everyone in the party.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Pot, big mixing bowl, serving plate.
200 g / 7 oz. prawn, peeled, deveined
200 g / 7 oz. broccoli, cut into small parts, rinse well.
1 red pepper, cut into cubes
1 tbsp. minced garlic clove
1 tbsp. salt, or to taste
1 tbsp. oyster sauce
2 tbsps. vegetable oil for stir-frying
1 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 tbsp. rice wine, or dry sherry
1 tbsp. cornstarch, mixed with 4 tbsps. water
1 tbsp. chicken essence
1. Combine the prawn and marinade in a big mixing bowl, let marinade for 15 minutes.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tbsp. salt, blanch broccoli for about 15 seconds, then drain well and remove to cold water.
3. Stir fry prawns with 2 tbsps. vegetable oil in a wok until pink, then remove to a bowl for later use.
4. Use the remaing oil to saute minced garlic and red chili pepper until aromatic, add broccoli back, stir briefly.
5. Pour into 1/2 cup water, season with 1 tbsp. oyster sauce and 1 tsp. salt.
6. Put prawn back into the wok, stir fry for 20 seconds, then serve on a plate.