1 pumpkin (about 2.6 lbs.),Â 1/6 lb. dried Chinese radish, 3 shiitake mushrooms,Â 2/31b. ground pork, 1.3 lbs. sticky rice flour.Â black sesame seeds
(1) 1T cooking wine, 1T soy sauce, l/2t salt, IT cornstarch water
(2) 2T sugar
1. Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin. cut into pieces and steam in rice cooker with 2C of water added at bottom, steam until switch pops up. remove immediately, then mash while still steaming hot.
2 . Rinse dried Chinese radish well and chop finely; soak mushrooms until soft ,remove stems and chop finely. Heat 3T of oil in wok, add dried Chinese radish and mushrooms until well mixed, then add ground pork, stir until evenly-combined, add seasoning(l)to taste, stir to mix to make filling. Remove and cool.
3. Combine mashed pumpkin and sticky rice flour in mixing bowl, knead gently into dough, add seasoning (2),knead until smooth and let rest for some time.
4. Roll dough into long strip, then divide it into small portions. press each portion flat. place a little filling in center and wrap up, seal with thumb and pointer and roll into ball.
5. Score each pumpkin ball with a pumpkin pattern using the dull edge of the knife, garnish top with black sesame seeds to make stem, arrange on greased steaming plate, steam in steamer over medium heat for 10 minutes and remove. Serve.