1 chicken leg
pumpkin (about 1.31bs.)
2T curry powder
1T cooking wine
1T soy sauce
1/2T cornstarch water
1. Chop chicken into small pieces and blanch in boiling water to remove blood.Dice onion. Remove skin from pumpkin and cut into small pieces.
2. Heat 2T of oil in wok to stir-fry diced onion until soft.Add curry powder and stir for a minute.Add chicken pieces and the remaining seasonings (except cornstarch water) and 1C water. then bring to a boil.Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add pumpkin to mix and cook until it is soft and tender. Thicken the liquid with cornstarch water and remove to serving plate.
1. Use organic chicken legs to cook this dish as it is more elastic and chewy.Blanching first in water to prevent the leg from getting too oily.
2. Pumpkin cooks and softens easily.Add to the chicken after it is cooked through to prevent the pumpkin from dissolving.