Pumpkin enchilladas with a mole sauce
For the enchildas
* 6 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
* 400g refried beans, canned
* 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
* 1 red chillies, chopped
* 12 soft flour tortillas
For the sauce
* 10 red chillies
* 2 tsp coriander seeds
* 25 g blanched flaked almonds
* 5 black peppercorns
* 3 cloves
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 onions, sliced
* 3 clove garlic, crushed
* 1 tbsp cocoa powder
* 400g tin canned chopped tomatoes
* 1 pinch cinnamon
* 2 tsp sugar
* 150ml vegetable stock
* 100g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa-solids, grated
* 6 tbsp soured cream
* 6 limes, wedges
* 1 handful fresh coriander
1. To make the sauce, put the chillies, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, almonds, peppercorns and cloves in a mortar and pestle and crush. Tip into a frying pan and dry-fry for a minute or so until lightly charred.
2. In a separate pan, heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic and cocoa powder for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil, then add the dry-fried spices, the cinnamon, sugar and stock and cook for 25 minutes. Transfer to a blender and whiz until smooth. Turn out and stir in the chocolate.
4. Preheat the oven to 200?C/gas 6. Put some oil in a roasting tin and heat in the oven. Tip the squash into the tin, season well and roast for 40 minutes until soft.
5. Put the squash in a bowl, add the refried beans, coriander and red chilli and stir to mix.
6. Divide the mixture between the tortillas, roll up and cut the ends straight. Put in a baking dish, cover and cook in the oven for about 12 minutes, until warmed through. Heat the sauce through in a medium pan.
7. To serve, put two tortillas on each plate and spoon over some of the sauce. Serve with soured cream, lime wedges and coriander.