|1 tbsp||Whole Fennel Seeds|
|3 1/4 cup||Plain Curd|
|6 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|1 3/4||stick Cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp||Whole cloves|
|3 lb||Cubed Lamb|
|1/2 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
|1 1/2 tsp||Dried Ginger|
|4 cup||Water or beef broth|
|1/4 tsp||Garam masala|
- Grind the fennel seeds until find. Put the yoghurt in a bowl and beat it with a fork until smooth and creamy. Heat the oil in a large pot over a high flame. When hot, put in the cinnamon and cloves.
- A second later, put in the ground asafetida. A second after that, put in all the meat and the salt.
- Stir the meat an cook, still on a high flame for about 5 minutes. Now put in the paprika and cayenne and give the meat a good stir. Slowly add the yoghurt, a small amount at a time, stirring the meat vigorously as you do so. Add all the yoghurt this way.
- Keep cooking on high heat until all liquid has boiled away and the meat pieces have browned slightly.
- Add the fennel and ginger. Give the meat some more good stirs. Now put in the water or broth, cover so as to leave the lid very slightly ajar, and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Cover completely and cook on low heat for another 45 minutes or until meat is tinder. Stir a few times as the meat cooks, making sure that there is always some liquid in the pot.
- Remove the lid and add the garam masala. You should have a thick, reddish brown sauce. If it is too thin, boil away some of the liquid.