Smoked haddock chowder
* 25g butter
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 leeks, sliced
* 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, diced
* 450g floury potatoes
* 450ml fish or vegetable stock
* 450g smoked haddock
* 450ml milk
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 x 195g can sweetcorn, drained
* 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large pan over a low to medium heat, add the onion, leeks and bacon and cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
2. Peel and dice the potatoes. Add to the pan with the stock and some seasoning. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the haddock. Place in a large frying pan, add the milk and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 5 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Remove from the pan with a fish slice and flake into chunks, removing any skin and bones.